I have let myself make a proper start on a project for myself.
I saw these Wild Blue Horse Mittens and just loved them!
I am going to make some alterations because I want them to be fingerless and not quite so wide, so I’ll be knitting them up on 2.5mm needles all the way, rather than just using them for the ribbing.
So far, I’ve managed to get to row 5 of my rib:
I’ve managed to figure out the pretty twisty cast on and twisty purl row using 2 colours, now I’ve just got to do 20 more rib rows before I can start the pattern. So lots of new things, and this is the first proper piece of colour work I have done, so I’m very excited!
I’m taking my Swan Scarf to knitting club on Wednesday so that I can make some more progress on that too!
Happy Monday everyone 🙂